Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Christmas Robin

I don’t normally start decorating the house until the 6th of December but in preparation of this I made a felt Christmas Robbin. This was taught at a Monday craft sampler class in Central office.

Robins can be linked to Christmas back to the 17 century when the first postal service began. The postmen wore a red uniform and were known as Robin red breasts.  Robins are also more popularly known to be messengers for Santa.

Here’s how I got on…

I have to be honest; this isn't one of my more successful attempts. My robin turning out more like a turkey or a parrot because of its long beak, I also lost one of its eyes. But I had so much fun making this and couldn't help covering it in glitter to add some extra Christmas cheer.

For more information contact An Grianán at admin@an-grianan.ie or 041 9822119. ICA at admin@ica.ie or 01 6680002

1 comment:

  1. Your robin looks lovely Ann. The fun in the making is as important as the end result. Happy New Year to you your family and friends.
    Maureen.

    ReplyDelete