- 200g fresh breadcrumbs
- 200g sausage meat
- 1 small chopped onion
- 2 stalks chopped celery
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh sage
- 1 tsp chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 tsp chopped fresh thyme
- 1 apple cored and chopped
- 75g cranberries
- 1 tbsp parsley
- 180g turkey stock. (I used homemade chicken stock here)
- 50g unsalted butter
- Melt the butter and fry off the onions until soft
- Pour the onions into a bowl and add all the other ingredients
- Knead well to thoroughly mix
- Press mixture into a 8-9 inch dish and cover with tinfoil.
- Bake at 180° for 15 mins, then remove the tinfoil and bake for a further 15 min until cooked through and golden on top.
- Serve in slices to accompany turkey or other cooked meat.
This mixture can also be used to stuff the bird if you don’t want to serve it separately. The flavour combination of the cranberries, apple and, celery make this a beautiful flavoured stuffing and a wonderful addition to your Christmas feast
For more information contact An Grianán at email@example.com or 041 9822119. ICA at firstname.lastname@example.org or 01 6680002