Wednesday, December 10, 2014

Christmas Wreath

Recently when I was flicking through the ICA book of home and family looking for a cold cure I came across a section containing tips on making a Christmas wreath.

Some tips included. Using garden pruning’s and branches that can be twisted around your wrist and don’t split are best.
First I bought a Styrofoam wreath hoop and some Christmas ribbon, these can be found in most craft shops. I then had a root around in the Christmas decoration box where I found some old discarded decorations. Finally I collected some evergreen branches form my garden.  Once my collection of wreath accessories was complete I began assembling it.
 There was some trial and error here. I first tried to pin the evergreen branches on, this worked but I didn't like how it looked. I then tried to glue the branches on this defiantly didn't work. I then placed the branches in-between the string of red beads that I looped around the Styrofoam wreath hoop.
I love how my Christmas wreath turned out. It now has pride of place on my front door for all to see.
For more information about the ICA Book of Home and Family contact An GrianĂ¡n at admin@an-grianan.ie or 041 9822119. ICA at admin@ica.ie or 01 6680002

No comments:

Post a Comment