Saturday, June 20, 2015

Banana and Chocolate Cupcakes

Having attended a Tasty Tart cooking demonstration in An Grianán and to satisfy my sweet tooth I often make the banana and chocolate cupcake recipe at home.

Here’s how I got on with the latest batch…
This is a fairly run of the mill cupcake recipe with the added bonus of chocolate and banana. It is very quick to prepare and cook, so perfect for last minute celebrations or even for something a little extra at tea time. Depending on your chocaholic preference, different chocolate varieties can be used. I used dark chocolate as the recipe recommended and I love the taste.
The recipe calls for butter icing but I decided to try something a little different this time. I made 12 cupcakes in total - I topped 4 with melted toffee and banana, 4 with dark chocolate and banana and left 4 plain for the more health conscious.
Suffice to say the twelve cupcakes didn’t last past the family tea time! Cupcakes are a tasty and versatile treat, here’s some I made for a birthday with the same recipe and rainbow butter cream icing.
For more information on cooking demonstration magazine contact with the ICA at admin@ica.ie, 01 668000 or An Grianán at admin@an-grianan.ie, 041 982 2119

No comments:

Post a Comment