Wednesday, January 28, 2015

No-Bake Chocolate Biscuit Cake

It’s my sister’s birthday soon and since I won’t be there on the day to celebrate with her I decided to throw a spur of the moment birthday tea party for her. Chocolate biscuit cakes are her favourite  so I was delighted to find this variation of the recipe  in the ICA Book of Home and Family.
The morning coffee biscuits used in the recipe were difficult to find so I substituted Nice biscuits in their place. Other than that the recipe calls for basic ingredients likely to be already in your kitchen.
The cake is fast and simple to assemble. I decided to make the cake the size of a pound tin however the cakes shape and size can be altered very easily to suit larger or smaller gatherings. Having tasted this cake after 2 hours in the fridge and then again after it was left overnight in the fridge, I recommend leaving it to chill overnight. 
This cake is ideal for impromptu celebrations. There is also the option of giving it an extra little kick by adding a drop (or two) of baileys.

For more information contact An Grianán at admin@an-grianan.ie or 041 9822119. ICA at admin@ica.ie or 01 6680002

1 comment: