The original Irish coffee was invented and named by Joe Sheridan, a head chef in Foynes, County Limerick. I made mine with the help of some tips from the ICA book of home and family.
- · The chosen glass should be thick enough to both withstand and preserve the heat
- · Pre heat the glass by scalding with freshly boiled water
- · The richer the coffee blend the better it will stand up to the whiskey
- · The cream should be whipped until it holds a figure of eight
- · Add the coffee first then stir in the sugar and add the shot of whiskey last
- · Add the cream and sprinkle over with coffee beans